Sunday, November 16, 2014

Why I now dislike shooting sports

I'm bored and terrified already, weird, because I used to play basketball.
     This isn't against the players. I just don't enjoy sports anymore. Let me correct myself... I don't enjoy certain sports anymore, gymnastics and horseback riding those I enjoy.
     When I was young I played all kinds of sports, soccer, basketball, softball and track. To this day I wonder why I was ever involved in them. I am not a competitive person because I was never aggressive enough. I joined to make friends, or just to fit in with the others. Around junior high school I realized that I am more artist than jock. 
      When I was about 11 I stood on the side of a basketball court watching others play. I looked away for a moment and bam! I was on the floor and in really bad pain. I learned about two days later I broke my ankle. Ever since then I refuse to go on a court or even partake in basketball or any sport that involves running, sprinting, or playing with others. Which is why I wasn't on the side lines of the women's basketball game for Owens. 
      Also, At the age of 11 or 12 I road horseback and fell in love with the sport. Most people think it's not a sport because you sit on a horse's back. However, it is a sport because you're putting your complete trust in a animal that's 1,100 pounds and can kill you. You use every muscle in your body particularly your center of balance. 
      It's part grace and strength to work with something so powerful yet so gentle. Unfortunately I had to stop riding a while ago due to knee surgery, but I'm dying to get back to riding. Injuries are one of the many hazards to riding. 
     Now days when I watch sports I easily get bored. It doesn't make sense to shoot a ball into a net and run line to line or passing it around to each other. What are you really learning.. how to put your elbow into someones side. The women are really aggressive and almost violent at times. Which just makes me want to go to a single sport like horseback riding or gymnastics. 

coach isn't happy with that play 
87-59 owens wins 
Biscuit is in the basket for the Owens women's basketball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment